Heard about JA Jiaozi, a popular restaurant in China that is opening its first American location — in Irvine? Or the new poké fish house coming to town? Or the grilled-cheese-and-lobster sandwich shop coming soon? Check out all the restaurants and stores that just opened or are on the way — updated each week.
- Luna Grill opened April 18 at The Market Place. The Mediterranean restaurant features freshly made kabobs, wraps and falafel.
- Amazing Lash Studio opened March 24 at Los Olivos Market Place. It is a membership-based lash extension studio.
- Meizhou Dongpo opened March 17 at Culver Plaza. The upscale Sichuan restaurant features dan dan noodles, pan-fried pork dumplings and table-carved Meizhou roasted duck.
- Sawleaf Vietnamese Café opened Feb. 6 at The Market Place. The modern Vietnamese restaurant features beef, chicken and vegetable pho noodle soup with broths simmered for more than 12 hours.
- Zion Mart opened Jan. 18 at Parkview Center. The Korean-American grocer features an espresso bar, fresh chestnut pastries, Asian noodle soups, bulgogi rice bowls, sushi rolls and Kombucha on tap.
COMING THIS SPRING
- Images Luxury Nail Lounge holds its grand opening May 4 at Woodbury Town Center. Services include nail care (starting at $35), waxing and facial treatments.
- Michael’s is opening late spring at Woodbury Town Center. The 18,906-square-foot retailer sells arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall décor and seasonal merchandise for hobbyists and home decorators.
- Bay Poké Fish House is expected to open in late spring at Sand Canyon Plaza. It serves Hawaii’s popular raw-seafood salads known as poké.
- Caffé Pinguini is expected to open late spring at Quail Hill Shopping Center. The restaurant serves authentic Italian cuisine, including Olio e Peperocino (spinach sautéed with garlic, olive oil and red chili peppers), Cozze e Vongole (mussels and clams in a Mediterranean broth) and homemade pastas.
- Paris Baguette is expected to open late spring at Crossroads shopping center. The Korean bakery and café is known for its pastries and cakes, including sweet potato cake and blueberry chiffon cake.
COMING THIS SUMMER
- Cha Cha’s Latin Kitchen is expected to open this summer at The Market Place. Its California-Latin inspired menu adapts the culinary heritage of Mexico and Latin America to a fresh modern style.
- The Cut is expected to open this summer at Westpark Plaza. One of O.C.’s favorite food trucks takes its award-winning, hand-crafted burgers to a storefront.
- JA Jiaozi is expected to open late summer at The Market Place. This is the first American outpost for the popular Chinese restaurant (pronounced ja jao-ji) specializing in Beijing-style dumplings served steamed, boiled or pan-fried.
COMING LATER THIS YEAR