Irvine’s economic engine continues to gain strength – and recognition.
The International Economic Development Council recently placed Irvine among the Top 10 “Small American Cities of the Future” in three categories. The city ranked:
- #8 for human capital (workforce) and lifestyle
- #4 for economic potential
- #2 overall
“These awards recognize outstanding and pioneering programs in economic and business development,” according to IEDC literature.
The recognition follows a long list of national and state honors that reflect the city’ character and liveability, including these in just the last two years:
- #1 in Fiscal Health in the U.S. – The Fiscal Times
- #1 in Public Safety for U.S. cities over 250,000 population – FBI statistics
- #1 City for Teens in the U.S. – SmartAsset
- #2 Quality of Life in California – NerdWallet
- #3 Happiest Place To Live in the U.S. – Wallethub
- #4 Safest U.S. City to Raise A Child – Safewise
- #7 Park System in the U.S. – The Trust for Public Land
- #7 Best City To Find A Job in the U.S. – WalletHub
- #10 Best City for Women in the U.S. – American City and County
- #15 Best School District in California – Niche
- #19 Happiest City To Work in the U.S. – CareerBliss
* Click here to download a copy of all IEDC “American Cities of the Future 2017/18” winners.