Irvine has been named the 9th best city to raise a family by Wallethub, a personal finance website.
WalletHub analyzed 41 key factors – including schools, housing, health-care, fun and recreation – in the nation’s largest 150 cities to compile its list. Overland Park, Kansas, placed first. Birmingham, Alabama, placed last.
For Irvine, the recognition follows a long list of national and state honors that reflect its character and liveability, including these in just the last two years:
- #1 in Fiscal Health in the U.S. – The Fiscal Times
- #1 in Public Safety for U.S. cities over 250,000 population – FBI statistics
- #1 City for Teens in the U.S. – SmartAsset
- #2 Quality of Life in California – NerdWallet
- #3 Happiest Place To Live in the U.S. – Wallethub
- #4 Safest U.S. City to Raise A Child – Safewise
- #7 Park System in the U.S. – The Trust for Public Land
- #7 Best City To Find A Job in the U.S. – WalletHub
- #10 Best City for Women in the U.S. – American City and County
- #15 Best School District in California – Niche
- #19 Happiest City To Work in the U.S. – CareerBliss